Hilton Farm Holidays Booking terms and conditions
We hope all our guests enjoy their holidays here, but just in case something doesn’t go to plan, we do have terms and conditions which apply when you book a holiday with us. Please read our booking terms and conditions before booking a holiday at Hilton Farm Holidays.
- Your booking is for the dates stated in our confirmation email and the property as described. As the hirer, you are responsible for the property. You are expected to take reasonable care of the property. You are responsible for any damage or loss that occurs during your stay. Please let us know if something is damaged or broken. We will do our best to repair faulty equipment. No claims will be entertained in respect of equipment which remains faulty for reasons beyond our control.
- Hilton Farm Holidays will not accept liability for any complaint if the hirer fails to provide full details of the complaint during their stay.
- We will do our best not to disrupt your stay but we reserve the right to enter the cottage if required for example, for maintenance work, meter reading etc.
- All properties are strictly no smoking. Smoking is not permitted in any building on site (including the games room) or in the pool/hot tub area.
- The usual check in time is 4:00 pm on the day of arrival. Check out time on the day of departure is 10.00 am. Guests are expected to leave the cottage in a reasonably clean and tidy state.
Acceptance of bookings
- We reserve the right to refuse bookings.
- The person making the booking must be over 18 years of age. We do not accept bookings for groups where the majority of the party are young people under 18.
- We reserve the right to refuse to hand over a cottage to a person who in our opinion may not be suitable to take responsibility for the property.
- A deposit of 25% of the total price is required to secure a booking if the booking is made more than six weeks before the holiday. If the deposit has not been received within a week of booking the holiday we reserve the right to cancel the booking. The balance is due six weeks before the start of the booking. If full payment is not received six weeks before the start of the holiday we reserve the right to cancel the booking and retain the deposit if we are not able to re-let the property.
- If the booking is made less than six weeks before the start of the holiday the full payment will be required on booking.
- It may be possible to change the dates of your holiday or extend your stay after booking, subject to availability. We require at least 6 weeks notice for bookings in the school holidays. The price will be calculated based on our standard rates. If you want to reduce the length of your stay in advance we will (subject to your stay meeting minimum stay requirements during peak periods) try to re-let the dates that are no longer required and, if this is possible, we will refund the charge for these dates. If you decide to leave early during your stay no refund can be given for the dates that are not used.
- We reserve the right to require a refundable security deposit on booking or on arrival. The security deposit is used to cover damage or additional cleaning costs. Any such costs will be deducted from the security deposit. If no security deposit is required we will invoice the person who made the booking for any additional costs.
- Prices include VAT. If the VAT rate increases your holiday will be invoiced at the new rate unless the price of the holiday has been paid in full before the date of the change to VAT rates.
Cancellation of a booking
- Please inform us immediately in writing if you wish to cancel your booking and we will try to re-let the cottage. If we are able to re-let the cottage for the same period as your original booking, we will refund the cost of the stay less an administration charge of £50. Unfortunately if we are not able to re-let the cottage, you are liable for the total cost of the holiday and we will not be able to give a refund. We advise guests to take out independent holiday insurance.
- In exceptional circumstances Hilton Farm Holidays may be forced to cancel or cut short a booking (for example in the case of fire, floods or damage to a property). We will do our best to offer an alternative property but if this is not possible or you do not wish to accept the alternative, a refund will be offered. Hilton Farm Holidays is not liable for any compensation or other costs arising in these circumstances.
Termination of your stay
We reserve the right to end your booking immediately without being liable for any refund or compensation if a member of your group;
- Behaves in an unacceptable way that causes a disturbance at Hilton Farm Holidays.
- Causes a disturbance to other people (including our neighbours and other visitors).
- Deliberately causes damage to the property of Hilton Farm Holidays.
- Fails to comply with safety regulations or fire safety requirements.
- Has additional visitors to stay overnight in the cottage without the prior agreement of the owners.
- Smokes inside any building on site or in the pool area.
- Fails to keep dogs under control on site or does not follow the guidelines for dog owners.
In these circumstances you will remain liable to pay the full price. You will need to leave the cottage and site within a timescale stipulated by the owners at Hilton Farm Holidays.
- Please confirm the total number in the group when you make the booking. The number must not exceed the capacity of the cottage. In some circumstances the owners may agree to provide an additional bed for an additional charge (subject to availability and space in the cottage). This must be confirmed before arrival.
- If you wish to invite friends or family to visit you at Hilton Farm Holidays please check with the owners first. Visitors will not normally be allowed to use the facilities on site (pool, hot tub, tennis court, play area)
Use of facilities and services on site
- Use of facilities on site is at the user’s risk. The owners of Hilton Farm Holidays will not accept responsibility for injury, death or loss of any kind.
- In particular we ask that adults supervise children using the play area, trampoline, swimming pool and hot tub and follow any safety instructions or warning signs.
- Children under 10 are not allowed in the swimming pool unless they are closely supervised by a responsible adult.
- Children under 16 are not allowed to use the hot tub unless an adult is in the hot tub with them. Children under 4 should not use the hot tub.
- We reserve the right to close facilities if it is necessary to do so due to weather conditions, repairs, maintenance, safety considerations or circumstances beyond our control.
- We provide a wifi network for guest use. This service is reliant on an external provider. We will attempt to resolve any problems as soon as possible but we do not accept liability for any interruptions to the service. Please note that we do not guarantee the security of the network and no parental control filters are installed.
- We have off road private car parking space for guests. Guest vehicles and contents are left at your own risk.
Pets and farm animals
- Dogs are permitted on site (maximum of 1 in the Nook, 2 in other cottages). Dogs must be kept under control and on a lead at all times on site. Please follow our guidelines for dog owners.
- Guests are welcome to visit the chickens, ponies and rabbits. Please be aware that this is entirely at your own risk. Children should be supervised by adults.