A few suggestions for where to eat out in Bude at the moment.
Bude’s restaurants and cafes are starting to open up their outside seating areas, before indoor dining hopefully resumes again on 17 May (fingers crossed). Not all of our favourites have outside seating but some are offering takeouts instead.
- Electric Bakery, open Wednesday-Sundays 9am-2pm. The Electric Bakery sells great bread and cakes. They also offer a small range of sandwiches, pasties and soup at lunchtime and a Saturday lunch special (booking in advance recommended). At the bottom of Kings Hill in Bude. Check out their website or updates on Instagram.
- Temple, on Granville Terrace just behind the TSB bank up from the road leading to Summerleaze car park. No outside dining sadly, but Temple are offering a range of take out deli style sandwiches and salads at lunchtime. Find out more on their Instagram page (templebude).
- The Barge. a cafe on a boat moored along the Wharf in Bude. Open every day till 5pm for coffee, drinks, cakes.
- Olive Tree Bude, on the wharf. Now open till 10-4 every day and in the evenings on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays for dinner. No reservations. Find them on facebook.
- Rustic Tea Garden, Northcott Mouth. A great stop for a cream tea after a walk along the coastal path from Bude. Closed on Mondays. Check them out on facebook
- Rosie’s on Crooklets Beach is a beach cafe selling food and ice cream during the day and a bistro/pizzeria Friday and Saturday evenings. Covered patio area.
- Life’s a Beach on Summerleaze, currently open for breakfast and lunch. See more on facebook.
- The Weir Bistro, just outside the village on the A39. Lots of outside seating. Open 9-5 Monday to Wednesday and till 8pm Thursday-Sunday.
Pubs and restaurants
- Elements at Widemouth Bay, open every day 12-8pm. Booking advisable. Find their contact details on facebook.
- Falcon Hotel Bude, just off the canal. Open for drinks and dining.
- The Brendon Arms, Bude. Just nextdoor to the Falcon. Find them on facebook
- The Preston Gate, Poughill. A bit further afield, just outside Bude. Popular village pub with outside tables for drinks and food and takeaway options available as well.
- Widemouth Manor, at the south end of Widemouth Bay, on the top of the hill. Open for food and drink, with lots of outside tables.
- Last but definitely not least, the Bullers Arms in Marhamchurch is open. They are not currently serving food and outside seating is limited. Stop to enjoy a drink or you are welcome to eat a takeaway meal there too – there is the fish and chip van in the village on Friday afternoons (till around 6) or there is a mobile chef serving curries at the pub on Wednesdays
Take out pizza and fish and chips
- Alex’s Wood-fired pizza has a mobile pizza van which comes to Stratton, just down the road, on a Tuesday. See their facebook page for details.
- La Bocca pizzeria in Bude is open every day and delivers too.
- For fish and chip shops in Bude try the Mermaid or The Plaice on Queen Street.
- On Friday evenings Catch a Snack, a fish and chip van, comes to the village, just opposite the shop, 4.45-6pm. Cash only. Very popular, so you might have to wait. Or place your order and pop over to the shop or the pub to get a drink while you wait.